Saturday, March 18, 2006

Can't Get Over 'Em

Have you ever listened to a song that you absolutely love? Of course, it's love-at-first-hear. You get addicted to it, everyone gets annoyed by it, and after a short while another song will replace it. The cycle continues.
But then there are those songs (for me at least!) that you truly fall in love with. When you first hear it, you enjoy it. But the difference is that you never tire of it. The lyrics have meaning to you, the tune is catchy, the instruments heavenly...true love. With a song. Yes.
Personally, I can listen to a CD non-stop for months before beginning to listen to anything else. And by the end, I know each word, riff, and message the song has. I can tell you my favourite part and why. But in the end I'll switch the CDs in my CD player, and Geoff sighs because he finally gets to listen to something different for the first time in 2 months when he comes over.
And yet, there are those songs which I will never be bored of. The lyrics are beautiful, and they speak to me personally. The guitar is powerful. It's unique. And so, I've composed a list of those songs which will always make me feel at home, and will always put a smile on my face.

My Favourite Songs in the Whole Wide World
(in no particular order, and p.s. sorry to those fav songs of mine i've forgotten to list!)
  • Damien Rice - Delicate
  • David Gray - Say Hello Wave Goodbye
  • Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
  • Dave Matthews Band - Say Goodbye
  • Blue Rodeo - Lost Together
  • Rod Stewart - Forever Young
  • David Gray - Babylon
  • Our Lady Peace - 4am
  • Geoff Holt - (pratically anything from Michelle or Contradictions, seriously)

If these songs could be so amazing for you in the same way they have been for me, it would be worth it to check them out.

Or do you have your own list?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home