Monday, April 03, 2006

Pictures, anyone?

I had a gut feeling this afternoon that there would be a package waiting for me when I arrived home after school. Even though it wasn't to arrive until mid-week, I still had that tingling intuition that there would be a brown envelope sitting on the counter, the kind I've come to love. Each day as I sit in the car, waiting in the driveway for Anita to collect the mail, I have my fingers crossed hoping there will be something for me. Not that I don't talk for at least an hour a week to my family (and on occasion 3 hours to my friends!), it's just that I can visually see the love, sent flying through the air and over the Atlantic ocean, into my hands - by mail. J'adore the mail!
I knew exactly what this package contained - a way to show my family and friends I'm still alive. No, it's not as drastic as all that, but my USB cords had finally arrived. Maintenant, I can share my photos with everyone in Canada! So without further adieu, I present to you, Michelle en France:















This is a lovely cake that Zhers didn't put enough sprinkles on, so I added some extra. This is clearly my Bon Voyage Michelle/Happy 50th DA party the weekend before I left : )















My 5 day ski trip to Meribel, a ski station about an hour and a bit away from Chambery. See the pretty chalets and large mountains?? Oriane and I smile for the camera.















Bonnie and I grin at O'Tac on a Friday night. Roseanne's head makes a brief appearance in the background.




















At 3pm on a weekday, Bonnie and I eat a 'typiquement Français' lunch, complete with a baguette, cheese, and of course red wine!















The view from Bonnie's balcony in Chambery. Yes, this is Chambery, but only the residential apartment part at one end. Look past, however, to see the mountains that surround the town. I like the pointy-snow-capped ones
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TUMMY TOUCHES!!!!!!!!!!
holaaaaa!!! i like yur new blogg... i will continue commenting as long as yu continue too on mine lol... i am glad to see ur having funn... and i could go for some of that cake in the pic... i had some and with those extra sprinkles it was PERFECTOO!!! that was a funn night.. i´m glad our new languages have similar words lol... puta... my friends here are so shocked to hear that we call each other that in canada lol..
im out love you mon amie!! i got it now!!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

3:50 p.m.  
Blogger Bonnie said...

hey michelle,
thanks for the nice camio on your blog.
we've shared some pretty special times together, and I'm really gald your here. I totally feel like we're in the same place.
Pun INTENDED.
talk to you tommorow

8:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home