Monday, April 10, 2006

Let it Shine

Nowadays, everyone has MP3 players. They're not just for teenagers anymore - goes to show EVERYONE likes listening to their favourite music on demand. What a concept. Ho-hum. And of course, I'm a teenager who loves to listen to her own music all the time - as an escape from the loudness in a café, to add some enjoyment into doing homework, to sleep to on the bus, to write poetry surrounded with my favourite lyrics and sounds.
Today I found myself contemplating a conversation I had on the weekend with a friend, and I needed some good music to accompany my thoughts. The insightful lyrics of David Gray came to the rescue, and summed up my thoughts exactly. This is such a beautiful thing when it happens, a song speaks directly to you - like David Gray knew all about my issue. And so I've posted the lyrics to Shine by David Gray here, so you can see the song that Captures Life for Me Today:

I can see it in your eyes,
What I know in my heart is true,
That our love it has faded,
Like the summer run through.

We walked down the shoreline,
One last time together.
Feel the wind blow our wandering hearts like a feather.
But who knows what’s waiting in the wings of time.
Dry your eyes, we’re going to go where we can shine.

Don’t be hiding in sorrow,
Or clinging, let ‘er pass.
With your beauty so precious,
And the seasons so fast.

Hey, no matter how cold, your eyes appear,
Or how far the first night, when I held you near.
We’re going to rise from these ashes, like a bird aflame.
Take my hand, we’re going to go where we can shine.

And for all that we struggle, for all we pretend,
You know, you know, you know,
It don’t come down to nothing,
Except love in the end.
And ours is a road that is strewn with goodbyes,
And as it unfolds, as it all unwinds,
Remember your soul is one thing you can’t compromise,
Step out of the shadow,
We’re gonna go, where we can shine.

Lookin’ through windows of midnight,
the moon full of silver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home