Friday, April 21, 2006

Vacances de Printemps

Ahh the springtime, the translation of which is actually 'vacation'. No. I lied. It would make more sense though, as I have three weeks left of my France exchange, with only 2 days of school left. "How does that work?" you might query, scratching your head and pondering the reasons. I'll promptly tell you why: The French love their vacations. And actually take them. Often.
And so that brings me to today, the start of my Vacances de Printemps (Spring Break in North American terms) during which I'll spend my 17 lovely days under the sun in the East of France - the Alps, if you will.
Even though the end of April is just starting to come around the corner, already I've experienced my First Sunburn of the Year. I'm throughly shocked at how much more effective the sun is in Europe than in Canada, and can't wait to test this revelation with my new black-with-coloured-polka-dots bathing suit I bought at Roxy (thank-you Vincent!)
Tanning, however, is not the only activity I plan to indulge in. Today, with the help of Bonnie and Nick I purchased a skipping rope to play outside with, and maybe get a little exercise at the same time. I didn't do a great job of starting on a healthy streak, as earlier in the day we hit up French McDonalds to see how it's burgers stack up (haha I love puns) to the North American version. Of course, McDonalds was founded on our great continent, and thrives in our fast food obsessed culture. Clearly the winner was the North American Mickey D's in the Great Continental Burger Debate. It's a well known debate, don't you read?
In celebration of the start of the Vacances de Printemps, I plan on staying up late tonight, sleeping in until noon tomorrow, and soaking up as much European sun as possible. Voila!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home